Extended Scoping Period, Additional Meetings Announced
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Solicits Public Comment on Great Lakes Study
- Buffalo, NY - Tuesday, January 11, 2011
- Cleveland, OH - Thursday, January 13, 2011
- Minneapolis, MN - Thursday, January 20, 2011
- Green Bay, WI - Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- Traverse City, MI - Thursday, January 27, 2011
- Cincinnati, OH - Tuesday, February 1, 2011
- Ann Arbor, MI - Thursday, February 3, 2011
- Metro Area of St. Louis, MO - Tuesday, February 8, 2011
- Vicksburg, MS - Thursday, February 10, 2011
USACE announces the NEPA public comment period for the Great Lakes and Mississippi River Interbasin Study has been extended to March 31, 2011. USACE also announces that in addition to Chicago, Illinois, USACE will be hosting public scoping meetings in the following metropolitan areas on the following dates:
Public scoping meetings will be held in compliance with the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) to gain broad-based public and community input to GLMRIS. USACE is seeking comments in order to refine GLMRIS to focus on significant issues, as well as eliminate issues that are not significant from further detailed study. For additional information about the scoping meetings see the USACE Press Release.
Please see the Public Meetings Schedule if you would like to give an oral comment at any of these meetings. You may also submit a comment online through March 31, 2011. Please refer to our website to learn more about the public meetings.
Thank you for your interest in and support of GLMRIS!