Draft GLMRIS-BR Report
Download PDF Map 3.4 MB
The GLMRIS Report, released in January 2014, describes alternatives to prevent aquatic interbasin transfer of aquatic nuisance species (ANS) between the Great Lakes and Mississippi River watersheds. Based on an agency assessment informed by public input following release of the GLMRIS Report, the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works) concluded that a formal evaluation of potential control options and technologies near Brandon Road Lock and Dam to prevent the movement of ANS from the Mississippi River Basin to the Great Lakes Basin was an appropriate next step.
The Great Lakes and Mississippi River Interbasin Study – Brandon Road Draft Integrated Feasibility Study and Environmental Impact Statement – Will County, IL (Draft GLMRIS-BR Report) evaluates options and technologies near the Brandon Road Lock and Dam site in Will County, Illinois near Joliet, to prevent the upstream transfer of ANS from the Mississippi River Basin into the Great Lakes Basin, while minimizing impacts to existing waterway uses and users.
See the Brandon Road page for an overview of the tentatively selected plan and information on public involvement.
Summary of the Draft GLMRIS-BR Report
The Draft GLMRIS-BR Report
- The Great Lakes and Mississippi River Interbasin Study – Brandon Road Draft Integrated Feasibility Study and Environmental Impact Statement – Will County, Illinois 18.4 MB
- A – Draft Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act Report 9.0 MB
- B – Planning 11.4 MB
- C – Risk Assessment 8.6 MB
- D – Economic Analyses 7.0 MB
- E – Hydrology and Hydraulics 33.5 MB
- F – General Conformity Analyses for Clean Air Compliance 1.4 MB
Public Meeting Materials
- GLMRIS Brandon Road Study Public Meeting Presentation Slides September 2017 3.5 MB
- Overview of Navigation Economics Analysis 200 KB