Draft GLMRIS-BR Report
USACE hosted public meetings to discuss the contents of the report and receive oral and written comments from the public. All four meetings were also available to the public via phone and web conference and Facebook Live.
Public Meeting Materials
- GLMRIS Brandon Road Study Public Meeting Presentation Slides September 2017 3.4 MB
- Overview of Navigation Economics Analysis 200 KB
- Brandon Road 601 KB
- Tentatively Selected Plan 2.6 MB
- ANS Controls 2.2 MB
- Safeguarding Economic Interests in Inland Waterways and Great Lakes Basin 391 KB
- Consequences of Asian Carp Establishment in Great Lakes Basin 1.0 MB
Completed Public Meetings
USACE hosted public meetings at the following locations.
- Chicago, IL – September 11, 2017
- Muskegon, MI – September 14, 2017
- Joliet, IL – September 18, 2017
- New Orleans, LA – December 5, 2017
Public meetings were broadcast on Facebook Live. To view recordings of the meetings, visit the Rock Island District's Facebook Page.
When you visit the site you may be prompted to sign up or log in if you are not currently logged into Facebook. Having an account and logging in is not necessary to view the recordings. If you do not have an account, select "Not Now" to minimize the prompt.
Teleconference and Web
During each public meeting time, a recorded Teleconference line and Web meeting was open to the public.
Completed 2014 NEPA Public Scoping Meetings
USACE hosted three (3) National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) public scoping meetings for the GLMRIS-Brandon Road effort. Please see the 2014 NEPA Scoping page for meeting materials and transcripts.